Sunday, January 01, 2017

New Year, New Resolutions

We hosted a New Year's Eve party last night with school friends. These "Ladies of the PTA" are my go-to ladies for advice, support, therapy and of course fun. We had waaaaay too much fun last night but I have no regrets.

I'm not going to lie, I'm glad to see the end of 2016. It can kiss my ass.

There were some high points, like our trip to Canada with Leanne and the boys and then my trip to England in November where I got to see my family and my mate Sue. And I got to spend more time with my cousin Kay, who is like my soul sister. The boys had a good year and we're all healthy and comfortable and safe, which is the main thing in life. But there was just too much sadness and despair.  My dad had a big operation and my uncle was diagnosed with mesothelioma. I lost my friend Darian at just 47 years old.  The loss of all the famous people was upsetting too of course but the big crapfest of the year was the election. It's going to take me a long time to get my faith back in humanity after so many people voted for the orange idiot. I do feel a lot better than I did in November but still, so long 2016, you are banished from memory!

Onward and upward to 2017!  My resolutions for this year are:

1. To look after myself!! To lose weight and get healthy. This will include walking a lot more, which my dog Ben will also benefit from. Buy nice clothes for myself, have more baths, stop letting some people control me (the same people do this, over and over. This year it stops). To spend more time in the garden and more time reading.

2. To have a fantastic trip to England with my neighbors.

3. To send less time looking at my phone.

4. To get our pop-up camper out ASAP and get camping!

5. To laugh more. Because my mood sets the mood for the house and if I'm pissed off and stressed so is everyone else. I used to think that the saying "If mum's not happy, no one's happy" meant that everyone had to keep mum happy. But it's actually the other way around. If I'm not happy, I have the power to make everyone else unhappy too. So happiness starts with me. Back to point 1.

6. To blog more.

No comments: