Thursday, August 11, 2016

A History of Dolly

I remembered (well actually my old mate Sue Rushton remembered) that we used to sing Dolly songs while we walked down Bescar Lane in Scarisbrick when we were going to hang out with our friends. It was probably a 3 mile walk but we did it each night. We'd sing our hearts out.

I was about 11 when we started hanging out, until 16 when I went to college, so that would have been 1980-85. I had such a FANTASTIC childhood, completely free and bonkers. Free to get into mischief  and live life without parents breathing down my neck.
I need to write about this later because I'm scared my boys won't have "oh crap I did that" memories.

But anyway, here's to Dolly, Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Rod Stewart and Barry Manilow. Childhood memories galore!


My friend & neighbour Erika bought me this LP :)

My favorite Dolly song is "Here I Come Again". This was filmed by someone at the State Fair concert that me and Erika were at. It's a terrible video - Dolly is a white blob (well she's covered in rhinestones so impossible to video bless her) and it's a tad far away. But please just imagine me and Erika off to the bottom left, dancing....

No comments: