Saturday, July 18, 2015

Brit Yard Sale

I love the fact that I have so many expats in my life here in Ohio and that we are good friends who meet regularly. We recently did a bake and yard sale to raise money for the club's Christmas dinner and I hosted it at my house. It was hot and a LOT of work and I don't think I'd do it again, but it was ok.

The usual madness of yard sales ensued: people haggling over 25c (take a chance, seriously!), people coming half an hour before we official started and rummaging through boxes we were trying to unload (how rude!), and people doing ridiculous low-balls ("will you take a dollar, even though it's priced at $25?") but overall it was great.

People loved the Brit food: Cornish and cheese & onion pasties, sausage rolls, Scotch eggs, Victoria sponges, scones, lemon triangles, mini trifles, pork pies, gala pie to name a few.

Maybe next year we just do a bake sale. I never learn.










No comments: