Sunday, May 31, 2015

Broken Biscuits in May

My term for nonsense or random talking is broken biscuits. A friend told me recently she uses the term mango chutney. The more common term in England is bollocks. I wonder what terms other people use?  Anyway, this post is a broken biscuits kind of post...

Weight loss update: I weighed in yesterday and I've lost 0.2 lbs. in two weeks. Epic! I celebrated by going to the movies today with my mate Maureen and eating a cheese pizza all to myself. Sometimes you need to eat a cheese pizza.

The movie was "The Age of Adeline" and was, for all intents and purposes, a true chick-flick romance movie. I cried, my heart ached, and I swooned a little over the lead man (but not as much as I did over the shepherd in "Far from the Madding Crowd" - phoo-ee!). But it was good, I enjoyed the story and marveled how much Harrison Ford had changed. And I got to scoff a pizza, so there's that.

My weekend went quick, but probably very slow for Jack since he's sick with a summer virus/cold that's given him a terrible sore throat and kept him indoors & immobile for the last 3 days. I have been calling him Polly-anna and Heidi and he has no idea what I'm talking about, so there are benefits to being an old mum after all - you can tease your children without them knowing you are.

We have new neighbors! Finally after a year on the market a young couple with 2 kids (10-ish girl and 8-ish boy) moved in. Jack wrote them a welcome note and left it in their mailbox, keeps watching them and put his best shirt on when he saw the girl. I'm trying to explain what "stalking" means to him haha!

And lastly, here's the school concert from our boys. Danny's was random, Jack's was from Mary Poppins, which I love, love, love!


Concert 2015 from Pam on Vimeo.

No comments: