Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Homeward Bound

Grange-over-Sands, Leanne's home
Booked our flights home to England last night. That's right, I said home, because I can't wait to see family and friends. Can't wait to meet my grand nieces and nephews, to see Leanne and eat a cheese pasty. To see my best friend Sue and wee myself laughing while we drink cider and hey-nonny-non on the beach at Arnside.

There's a family reunion in a pub to look forward to where I'll see one of my favourite cousins for the first time in years.  And I am setting up a romantic night away in Liverpool for me and Craig for our anniversary while my mum babysits. Oh, and we are staying a few days  in a caravan in the Lake District with friends and will get to visit Leanne in Grange-over-Sands.

I'm beginning to realise that we may not make it to London since we have so much to do in the North West of England. But I'm also thinking it's a good thing with Danny only being 6 and him being an Olympic gold medallist at legging off. I yearn to take them to the Tower of London  to see all the history and the crown jewels but I also have this picture in my head of me cursing the kids and having to tie Daniel to my waistband while he kicks and screams. So yeah, maybe we'll stick close to home this time.

I can't concentrate on anything at all I'm so excited, so how on earth will I get through the next 6 months? I need the 6 months to drop weight but I also need to be on the plane NOW, headed to my beloved Old Blighty.

No comments: