Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Kindness Can be Catching

I just listened to "How to win friends & influence people in the digital age" adapted from Dale Carnegie's famous 1936 book.

A friend who manages a big football stadium recommended it to me and said it was the best book she'd ever read, so I gave it a go on audio cd. If I'm honest I thought it was going to be about how to make friends and influence people. That's what the title says after all. But it's actually a book about how to be a good friend and be a good influence on people.

It's a wake-up call to stop griping, complaining, and being nasty about other people. It talks of the power of smiling, being helpful and kind. One quote from it that stuck is that there are no neutral encounters - you either leave people feeling better or worse from having encountered you.

So I'm recommending it to all of you (the 5 people that read my blog!) Read it and take it to heart. And be kind to people.*



*except the lady at Giant Eagle today who scowled at me for driving very slowly within 50 feet of her. Don't be kind to her ilk.

No comments: