Monday, November 10, 2014

I Vow to Thee My Country

Tomorrow is Remembrance Day/Veteran's Day and also the 35th anniversary that my Nana Lloyd died. It's also my step-mum's birthday, so it's a big day.  There's so many emotions going through me tonight. I always feel emotional about the day as WW1 and WW2 are still very much recognized in the UK. In contrast, I want to celebrate my step-mum Sheila's birthday and hope she had a good day. But tomorrow is also a poignant day, where I will think about my Nana Lloyd and the loss my mum still feels. So I think I've established that tomorrow is a day of remembrance, celebration and definitely emotion.

So when I listen to this song from the Festival of Remembrance at the Albert Hall in London this week it makes me want to weep big fat tears. Because this week I take my citizenship test for the United States (which I love) but how can I possibly turn my back on my country, to which I vow?

 

No comments: