Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Basketball - what's all that about then?

The boys started basketball this week. I have no idea what it's about though I assume it's a bit like netball that I played at high school (girls played netball, can't remember what boys played, we never did co-ed).

So even though I have zero interest in basketball, and don't want to learn to at this point, it does have certain merits over the other horrid sport of baseball:


  • It's inside
  • I have friends I can chat with
  • It gets them out of the house and moving during Ohio's long winter


Last week the rec center also hosted a small farmers market so that's a bonus. I can sneak down and mooch around there while the kids pretend to be Magic Johnson. Was he even a basketball player? See, I really am clueless.

No comments: