Thursday, January 23, 2014

Lefty Day 5: FOOD!

Here's the x-rays from my break. When I went to meet the surgeon yesterday guess who was there? The ER doctor who put me through the most excruciating pain of my life on Saturday night! I nearly fainted. I think if he'd have touched my arm I would have screamed and kneed him in the goolies. I'll never get over that pain as long as I live.

The radius bone broken (below my wrist). Now I know why my wrist was bulging out - eek!

The same spot after the sadist doctor wrestled and pummeled the bone back in line. It's not lined up right though.
A nurse gave me a new splint and she was such a sweetheart. She told me she had a similar experience with the bone reset/reduction thing when she was a teenager. I did ask the surgeon why it hurt so much and he said I did a really good job on myself. I crushed the bone "like cornflakes" he said. Nice! So I am set to have surgery on Tuesday, on Daniel's 5th birthday. That sucks but we can spoil him all this weekend. We have a lot planned.

One thing that has blown me away has been the generosity of friends. There has been a constant stream of food into our house - soup, chili, a full roast chicken dinner with roast potatoes, salad, City Barbecue delivery and bread, to name just some. I've also had friends taking Daniel to pre-school, offering to take me shopping and just checking in daily. It all means so much to me. I'm almost embarrassed how nice people are being to us! I hope that I can repay some of this if ever a friend is in need.

No comments: