Sunday, January 19, 2014

Broken Arm Conundrums

I broke my arm last night. My right radius to be exact, as I was leaving Eric's 50th birthday party. You could assume that the injury was the result of some raucous drunken shenanigans but this time it was just a slip on the ice.

I've never broken a bone before. It HURT. The most painful thing though was when they reset it. The doctor said I did great, was very brave and restrained. That surprised me because I cried out a few blasphemous and rude words and did lots or back arching and bed kicking. Resetting basically means grabbing said broken bone and wrestling it back into place, so you can imagine it wasn't a walk in the park. I like the fact that they considered me brave but if that's the case they must come across some real lunatics.

So things like dressing and going to the loo are a challenge. I am having to just wear my contact lenses 24/7. I'll deal with that on a day-to-day basis. Driving will be doable. Writing will not. It's hard for me to rest too because I'm type A. It's going to be an interesting few weeks!


No comments: