Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Part ll

After our walk we were all a bit zonked. We were couch potatoes. Look at Ben - so tired he couldn't even get completely on the couch before he crashed out...


Tonight Vicki came over for Dinner. She works with Craig and she's lovely. Daniel said grace. Yes yes I know we are not a religious family but Daniel goes to a church pre-school and he likes to say his "Pierre" before we eat. I didn't get a video, sorry, but here it is:
Thank you God for happy hearts,
For rain and sunny weather,
Thank you for the food we eat,
And that we are together.
Amen.


Daniel, for the 4th Thanksgiving of his life, refused to try anything and asked for a cheese toastie. I obliged because some fights just are not worth fighting.

Cheese Toastie & Carrots
After dinner we put the kids in our bedroom to watch a movie and me, Craig and Vicki watched The Hunger Games. Jack snook in and watched it with us and LOVED it. I 50% feel like a bad parent letting him watch it but really it's not that bad - no gore, no raunchy sex scenes. But the premise is kids killing kids, which no matter how you say that sounds terrible. I'm going to watch Catching Fire with Vicki on Sunday and Jack is begging to go with us. Mmmmm. Will have to think about that.

Now kids are in bed & we are watching the Shawshank Redemption because we saw it on telly and there's no way that you can't watch it. And it has a special place in my heart because it was filmed at the Mansfield Reformatory. One day, when I grow some balls, I'm going to do the Halloween sleep-over there.

Tomorrow morning I'm getting up at 5 to do the Black Friday sales. I love it I really do. Now I will NOT be doing Walmart - I'm not suicidal - but I am going to a place where I can get Craig and the boys some cool gifts for birthdays and Christmas. Wish me luck!


No comments: