Friday, February 01, 2013

Give me Peace

I'm so tired. Each morning this week I would have given my right arm to stay in bed. The crappy 6 degree weather doesn't help of course. And it's not fun getting two child-monkeys up, dressed, fed and to school while the dogs drive me mad and get under my feet. I swear Ben can't be more than 2 inches away from my legs when I walk. It's a miracle that I've not fallen over him. So between the dogs craving for attention and the kids demanding stuff and me teaching a big class again I feel just worn out.

And I swear, I am not exaggerating, that I can't even go to the restroom in peace. Every single time I use the loo, without fail, there'll be a child at the door yelling "I need to go peeeeee!", or a dog sniffing under the door. Seriously. I can't even have a wee in peace.  I might start using the downstairs loo and not telling anyone where I'm going. It reminds me of that scene in a Christmas story when Ralphie says "Mom hasn't sat down to a hot meal in 15 years". Well I haven't sat down on the toilet for more than 30 seconds in the last 6 years. Is nothing sacred.

No comments: