Saturday, December 31, 2011

So Long 11, Hello 12!

Goodbye Twenty Eleven! I will remember my boys swimming like guppies in the lake in Michigan and momentous occasions like Jack starting Kindergarten and Danny starting Pre-K. Craig got a new, much better job and we had a fun summer with lots of swimming and hiking. Jack did ok at soccer but the year's sporting accomplishments were definitely involved with swimming. That appears to be all that happened to us. Nothing too exciting at all!

I do hope 2012 brings a bit more pizzaz. Here's my goals (wishes) for 2012:

* To lose weight again. I am fully aware that this will require a change of lifestyle but who knows, maybe I'll get to that this year!

* To be a diaper and sippy-cup free house. After five years and a couple of grand worth of diapers I cannot wait to be done with them.

* To refinance the house, pay off my car, roll in my English pension with my American one and officially start college plans for the boys.

* To go home to England (this will require new passports for us all too)

* To get my mojo back at work. Since having the boys the passion for my career has not burned as bright as it used to. I want to go to work dressed to impress, with new ideas and the energy to see them through

* To help both boys succeed at school, even if it means sitting with them each day to do academic work (not an enticing idea I admit)

* To find a babysitter and have adult time with my husband. I have said this every year for five years and not done it. I will this year!

* To redecorate the boy's room and get a breakfast bar in the kitchen. And build a kitchen pantry. And make a new front path and step. House & garden projects never end do they

* To have fun with our English visitors (Craig's mum, dad and nephew) and make sure they have fun

* Maybe this will be the year we seek US citizenship. Maybe


That's not such an over-wheming list is it. More than anything I hope that 2012 keeps me and Craig in jobs and that we all stay healthy. Everything else is just the icing on the cake.

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all have a great time this weekend and that 2012 is a good one for you too.



No comments: