Thursday, September 15, 2011

It Can Only Get Better, Right?

It can only get better. That is what I'm going to tell myself.

This morning, Danny's 2nd day at pre-school, he was distraught. He refused to wear his name badge, cried hysterically and tried to bolt from the room several times and then sobbed for most of the time there. There was some respite when they took him to the rumpus room but then he got hysterical again. When I went back to get him he was shell-shocked, with a blotchy face and what I suspect was some sick down the front of his sweatshirt. His teacher looked like she'd had a rough morning and just said "It will get better, day by day" and she handed him off to me.

On the way home he sat looking out of the window and didn't say a word. He looked like he was in shock. Poor little lad.

I don't know how to make this better for him & I'm dreading next Tuesday already. Where's Mary Poppins when you need her.

No comments: