Monday, August 01, 2011

Michigan: Day 2 & Loving it!

Day two of our vacation was so much better. It was like a switch went off in my head and I felt completely different to how I felt yesterday. We spent three hours this morning messing about in the lake and all four of us had a great time, swimming, fishing, and boating.


This is Danny's new favourite thing to do:

After lunch we went to a local town for some famous handmade ice cream


Then we had a quick jaunt over to the coastal town of Ludington. And by the way, how much trouble do you think 1 blue m&m can get Daniel in to?

Ludington was lovely. It's a quaint town on Lake Michigan that's really kid-friendly so we'll definitely be going back at some point.

Lake Michigan is the 3rd largest of the Great Lakes here in the Midwest (Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie & Superior - spells HOMES in case you ever want to remember it for Trivial Pursuit). It is 22,000 sq. miles (just a few thousand less than the country of Scotland!) And I saw seagulls for the first time in ages, which made me miss home.

So I'm loving it now. I feel a bit foolish and spoilt for not embracing it yesterday but maybe I'm getting a bit picky in my old age. I'm so looking forward to swimming again tomorrow and seeing some more sights. Day two = success!

No comments: