Friday, December 17, 2010

This Week's Shiny Baubles & Turkeys

Let's start with a lovely shiny bauble - I got a Facebook friend request from my eighty year old Auntie Jean in England. How marvelous is that.

And now a turkey - my cat Tutz took a dump behind the Christmas tree. Why oh why do they do that kind of thing? It drives me insane.

Onto a shiny note - There's been a plethora of wildlife at our house lately. Birds in my garden include cardinals, blue jays, robins (big American ones, not rotund cuties like in England), woodpeckers and this little guy that I can't identify. A creeper maybe?


Deer are everywhere, except my husbands 12-gauge scope! It's not hard to see why they are so difficult to see in the woods when you see this picture -

Here they are outside my kitchen window. Ironically, when I took this picture my husband was in Perry County Forest hunting for the same thing.


A small turkey - It's time to stop saying unrepeatable things in front of Jack. This morning as I was removing a toy from a room I muttered under my breath "this thing has just been a bloody nuisance since we got it", to which Jack exclaimed "Mum, it is not a bloody nuisance!" Oops.

Shiny baubles galore - It is fantastic to have Craig's mum and dad sharing Christmas with us. The kids are in heaven & it's nice to have some help with them. It also feels more like a proper Christmas with family in town. Before we had kids Craig and I would rattle around the house and it was fun but not festive, if you know what I mean.

I could say the weather is a turkey - it's frigid cold and snowing most days. But it looks so pretty I just can't bring myself to complain about it.

This weekend we are going to venture out and look at lights so I'll try and take some good pictures. They never come out like I'd like them to but I'll give it my best shot.
Happy weekend everyone!

No comments: