Saturday, September 25, 2010

Our First Skull Session

At 9 am this morning I was stood on the sideline of Jack's 2nd soccer game. Once again I am amazed how much my life has changed! (for the better of course). The Flaming Soccer Balls lost 3-0, which is a big improvement from the 5-0 loss last week. They did great in our book and most importantly enjoyed themselves.

Then we loaded up the car & took the kids to the skull session at Ohio State. It's basically a big pep-rally for the Buckeye football team where 13,000 die-hard fans go and watch the best damn band in the land (TBDBITL) perform in St. John Arena. As a treat the football team march through too, all decked out in their smart suits. We've lived here 11 years and it was our first skull session, which is shameful!

We had nose-bleed seats as you can see, because we got there late. Jack looked down at the band and said "are they playing musical chairs?"

We met up with our friends Michelle & Chris and their kids afterwards

After the skull session I went to the football game and got home about 7 pm. We won 73-20 but that was expected and the real test will come in the next few weeks.
I am dog tired now, my feet are aching and my face is burnt again. I've been on my poor feet for 12 hours, but I'm not complaining as it's been a great day.

Here's a short video of TBDBITL as they enter St. John Arena (taken a while ago) ...





No comments: