Saturday, July 24, 2010

Splashing About in the Slip-n-Slide

It was my turn to lie in this morning and I didn't get up until 10 am. TEN AM! I'm still trying to make the good feeling last, seeing that it's Craig's turn to sleep-in tomorrow and I'll be up at the usual 6.30am. So after I dragged my lazy arse out of bed I took the boys to a friend's house for a play-date with her kids and they went nuts in the slip-n-slide. I had a great chat about motherhood and kids and work and all kinds of grown-up talk. They had a glass of wine and I would have loved to have one too but I have a zero rule when it comes to drinking & driving. Not that I haven't been a bad bugger in my past but since I've had kids I am a stickler on that. So I drank water and we chatted for ages and I came home refreshed. Having a big old talk and laughing with good women is my ultimate stress reliever.

Here's a few pictures from today ...


Jack on the slip-n-slide at my friend's house

Danny love to push the play stroller around and had a fit when I scooped him up to bring him home. He was a little star.

On the slip-n-slide in our garden, tonight.

Danny eating strawberries in the early evening. I love this kind of light for taking photos.

Cody, hanging out in the garden with his paws crossed

Jack grew this sunflower from seed


And here's a little (50-second) video of the slip-n-slide fun in our garden tonight:



No comments: