Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I'm Back: Grieving, Cheering & Celebrating Life

It's been 10 days since my last post but it's taken me a while to have the energy to post to be honest. I've been grieving for Frank and between bursts of involuntary crying I just about have had the energy to keep things skipping along with our visiting family from England, two crazy boys and my job. It hasn't helped that we've had weather from the depths of hell where you just sweat constantly and feel like you live in the deep south, never mind Ohio. Even an earthquake today but not as bad as they had in Canada (you okay Clippy?)

I made a scrapbook about Frank and that helped. I eventually found a lovely poem that fits perfectly about how I feel, without being too cheesy, so that marks the end of the scrapbook ..

Knowing by Sally Evans

If I had known that on that day our time was near the end
I would have done things differently, my forever friend.
I would have stayed right next to you deep into the night
but I thought I'd see you in the early morning light.

And so I said "Good night" to you as I walked in through the door
never thinking of the time when I'd see you no more.
But if I had known that on that day our time was at the end
I would have done things so differently, my forever friend.

---------------------------------------------------------------


SO. My shock phase is over, my grieving phase is in full-swing and I'm not sure I'm going to get angry. That just leaves healing, which I hope comes soon.

Moving on.

Good news for England and the USA as we advance to round 2. I'm a footy fanatic so have warned my boss that I'll be fairly useless on game days. I'm cheering for England, USA, Chile and whoever beats Argentina.

More good news! My dear friend Emily gave birth to a gorgeous healthy baby boy today. 9lb 11oz and 21.5 inches long so a big boy like my Danny. Welcome to this wonderful world Luke. I can't wait to meet you. X


No comments: