Thursday, April 29, 2010

Busy Working, Growing, Laughing

It's been over a week since I've posted anything but blimey, I'm swamped at work. Teaching 4 days a week on top of my full-time job and I just started my PhD project. Oh, and I painted the front room at home and entertained the kids while Craig completely ripped out the bathroom.

You would think that I'm as sleek & toned as Madonna with the amount of running around I'm doing but alas no. I am still on my diet and hoping to lose 40 lbs (maybe I should have a leg cut off). And I'm still dreaming daily of the OBX

Danny's had a 15-month doc visit and all is well. He's in the 90th percentile for his weight (28lbs) and 97th for his height (33.5"). Doc says he's way above the curve on development and will be a "talker". Dear God No. Another talker in the house. Between me and Jack and Danny poor Craig may well just turn into one of those downtrodden men that look like their life is over. He'll make excuses to work in the garage and go fishing whenever he can, just for some peace.

I did have a moment with Jack last week that I wanted to write down. We took him to a pre-school place for an open day and there was a magician there. The guy was funny and kept doing bad magic on purpose (just like Tommy Cooper). Anyway, Jack loved it. He was sat on my knee and he just roared with laughter. He laughed so hard that at one point he fell off my knees and had to clamber back on. His face was red and he was covering his mouth to stop from shrieking with delight. I just sat, sideways on, and watched him. It was one of the best moments of my life, watching my son laugh like that.

No comments: