Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Books & Stuff I Like This Month

I've read 3 books recently.  Firstly, a book written by Titanic survivors that I bought at the Titanic Exhibit at COSI in Columbus a few years ago and it's coming back in March! Yea! It's a wonderful wonderful exhibit and I can't wait to go again. I have to leave the boys home though so I can wander and ponder and cry when I want to, without one of them screaming and throwing something at someone's head. It was terribly sad when the last survivor, Milllvina Dean, died last year wasn't it. The picture (top left)  is in my book and I took a digital picture of it because I can't find it anywhere else to buy it. The image of Britannia and Columbia comforting one another after the tragedy is poignant to say the least. 

Next I read "Little Bee" by Chris Cleave. My lovely hubby saw it, knew I'd like it and got it, which means more to me than a gazillion roses. Anyway, it's an English novel about a Nigerian refugee girl who has the most tremendous and heartbreaking and scary relationship with a British woman. I really can't say too much about it as it would spoil it, but it's a good book. 

Lastly, I read  "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein. It is written by Enzo, a dastardly dog. I'm not going to say anything about this book as I just sent it on to my mum in England with the words "I hope you love this book as much as I did." And I love her too of course :-)

Moving on from books, the new series "Spartacus" on Starz is brilliant, but I can't find anyone  at work or any friends that are watching it so I can't chat about it. Craig's watching it and likes it too. I've even tried to entice people at work by telling them that there's lots of nudey shots and swearing and fabulous story lines, all to no avail. Oh well,  we like it.  Here's the trailer ... 

No comments: