Saturday, April 04, 2009

Fabulous Friends & Lucky the Squirrel

I am still celebrating my 40th and loving it. I've had several people ask me this week if I'm depressed and no, I'm not. As my sister Jenny said "life begins at 40". Here's some pictures from more celebrations this weekend ...

Out for dinner with Matt & G. They got me some great wine as you can see and a gift certificate for Barnes and Noble, my favourite book shop. Matt had a deep-fried snickers bar and ice cream for pudding but I wasn't too envious because I'd had a NY strip steak, cooked medium, blackened and covered in blue cheese crumbles. Yum. After dinner we drank far too much but I did have several marveous belly laughs during the course of the evening. The kind where your belly hurts and you cry.
Next, my mates Lynn, Debbie & Carol did a surprise pedicure for me, having read how upset I was by my feet. Craig held the fort while we tootled off to a pedicure place.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I was going to say "guess which feet are mine?" but then I realised that the feet below the camera would obviously be mine! What a muppet I am sometimes. It's a combination of blondness, age, stress and alcohol abuse I'm afraid . This was a fabulous trip - we did a grown up version of a blood brother swear (we hugged) and promised to do this every year. It was absolutely great to get together and get pampered.

Jack insisted on me painting his nails when I got back to the house. Today I took it off and told him that it wasn't allowed at school (day care). He was a bit upset and I obviously lied but I don't want him getting picked on.


And Finally ....


I have to introduce our resident squirrel "Lucky". Craig nicknamed him Lucky because he's lucky Craig can't use his guns in city limits. About 3 months ago I was raking leaves in the garden near the bird feeder and found a squirrel tail. I thought our local red-tailed hawk had got himself a feast and left the tail behind. This weekend we noticed this little guy on our bird feeder. I wonder what happened? Did our cat or dog get him and he got away? Was it the hawk? I'll never know but I hope he sticks around.

4 comments:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Glad to hear you are still celebrating Pam. Sounds like you are doing it in style.

Great idea to have a girls get together and some pampering. All the toes looked lovely, just right for the spring and summer. A x

Clippy Mat said...

hey did i wish you happy birthday? just caught up on your last few posts. the kids are so cute. and i had to laugh at your oh-so english accent. LOL
pedicures. my fave. can't wait to get me pit boots off and bare me toes again. :-)

Pam said...

Hi Anne,
Celebrations are officially ended. My liver couldn't take any more ;-)

Hi Clippy! Thanks - I think you did. You haven't bared them yet? Mine are back in - it snowed yesterday!!!

MikeH said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like you're celebrating it in style.

As for the final photo--do you know what I used to call the squirrels that lived in my back yard? Targets ;)