Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ugly Feet

I just got my feet out.

They've spent 5 months hiding in woolly socks, ignored and left to get dry and hairy.

I wish I had nice feet. Dainty toes, pink, moist skin.

Instead, I have tall person feet. Clonking size 10's with toes long enough to play the piano should I end up in strait jacket one day. Toes so long I look like a chimp wearing lady shoes. Heel skin that gets hard and cracks. The odd rogue hair on my big toe that means I have to shave my toes for goodness sake.

So, I just spent an ungodly amount of time pumicing and scrubbing and cutting my nails and polishing them a nude color so as not to draw too much attention.

Now I can put my Tevas on and go out for a walk with Danny in this 70 degree weather. What a glorious day!

But oh, I wish I had nice feet.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for the laugh! Hope you enjoyed your walk with Danny.

Ladybird World Mother said...

Have done this too today!! Awful scabby old feet... cut the nails and bits flew dangerously through the air... revolting. Look a bit better now though. Funny post!!

Lakeland Jo said...

my feet are ok, but my toes are dreadful especially my little toe which is tiny and curved. Not a real toe!

mountainear said...

Have a lovely walk on those pampered feet. Sounds like good weather.

Here's a link to Fats Waller singing 'Your Feet's Too big'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in1eK3x1P

Oma Froehle said...

My feet are just as gnarly as everyon else's. When it gets warm enough for them to show, I take them to a little nail place run by a nice Vietnamese couple I've come to know. They do a pedicure that lasts me about a month for a very reasonable price. I did this last week; and it made me feel sorry for the person working on them. However, flip-flops are now an option.

I know what you mean, lady.

Danny looks like a healthy boy! Is he okay now on his tummy trouble?

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Great post Pam - made me chuckle. Know what you mean too, it is that time of year when we have to begin baring all! Sounds like you are having similar weather to us though I think you may be warmer! A x

Pam said...

Hi Jen: Thanks again for the gift. You are very kind.
Ladybird: I'm in good company. Thanks woman!
Hello Lakeland: Hello! I always think little toes are odd & a bugger to paint.
Mountainear: I couldn't get your link to work but I found it and laughed, thank you! One of those songs I'm going to sing to my sons (also big clonkers)
Oma/Kathy: I have a gift cert. for a pedicure but am too embarressed to go. It's an English thing I think. Been keeping up with you lately and glad you're having fun.
Hi Anne: Lovely to hear from you. You've not been posting quite as much so hope that means you are having a great time in life? XX