Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Danny at 2 Months

Danny had his 2 month visit to the pediatricians on Monday, which was stupid planning on my part. I really could have done with NOT watching my child get 4 painful injections on my birthday. Poor lad.

The doctor was very happy with him and how healthy he is. I think he feels a bit guilty about the whole pyloric stenosis thing though because he keeps telling me that he's looked back over his notes and is sure he couldn't have caught it sooner. He said that he's never diagnosed the condition before as early as he did with Danny. I tried to reassure him that he did a great job and that everything is okay but I think doctors in America are worried about being sued for malpractice or something. In England I'd have still been on a waiting list to get it seen to. Anyway, let's not get into the health care differences between the 2 countries as both have good and bad points*.

Here's Danny's 2-month statistics:

  • Weight = 14 lbs 15 oz (97 %-ile) (1.5 lbs heavier than Jack at this stage)
  • Height = 24.5" (95 %-ile) (same height as Jack as this stage)

So nothing too different from last time to report. Looks like he's going to be tall like his brother but maybe bigger? Jack is such a skinny bugger but Danny might not be. He has rolls of baby fat on his legs, neck and arms, which means I have to clean his creases as if he were a British Bulldog!

I realise that I haven't posted any videos of him yet but he hasn't been doing anything too interesting until now and let's be honest - only grandparents and close family really want to spend their time watching baby videos.
Here's a 40-second video of him doing his morning jig ....




* The difference in UK versus USA health care was addressed on Pond Parleys recently.

3 comments:

Emily said...

LOVE the video! It makes me realize how old David is - really not much of a baby anymore, because THAT is a baby - I love the little noises and the jig. But they sure make you tired, though, huh?

mountainear said...

I'm making all sorts of coo-ing and maternal noises here - he's just lovely - and a smile must have happened the moment you put the camera down.

I don't understand the percentages - is this an American thing??

Pam said...

Hey Emily: I was surprised by David's party pictures how much older he looks now. He's a stunner. Yesterday I saw a woman with 4 kids under 4 *Shudder*. Sorry we missed you at swimming. I'm sort-of back to work now.

Hi Mountainear: He's smiling like a champion now. The percentage thing means that only 3% of kids his age are heavier than him and only 5% are taller that him. If he was in the 50%-ile he'd be average weight and height. Maybe it's an American thing?