Monday, February 16, 2009

I've got a Fat Lip!

I have a fat lip and it really hurts. Resulted in me in the bathroom last night putting icy cold water on my face while blood flowed into the sink. My teeth went about half-way through my bottom lip. 

So, how did I get this fat lip?


Did I get a Glasgow Kiss from my toddler?


Did I get it while stumbling around in the pitch-dark in my baby's room at 2am this morning looking for the bloody lamp switch so I could feed him before he woke the whole house?


Did I trip over one of the pesky animals that like to lie at the bottom of stairs, under chairs, in doorways and every other conceivable place that's best to trip up one your family members?


Did I burn Craig's dinner and he gave me a hard  lesson??? (this theory is outrageous on two parts: you know I don't cook and Craig wouldn't ever hurt me)

Did I fall over while tipsy on wine & trying to find pots and pans to make midnight munchies? 

Or was it something else?

4 comments:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

I remember once my toddler (about 40 years ago) threw himself back against me and hit me right on the cheekbone. I ended up with a black eye! So my initial thought was that maybe Jack had done something similar - but the teeth through the lip made me wonder! So, what did happen? Very curious. Hope it's not too sore now. A x

Pam said...

Hi Anne,
Those toddler heads are made of concrete!!! Yes, Jack came running at me full-pelt and crashed his head into my mouth as he jumped. He didn't feel a thing & said "sorry mama" so all was forgiven.
Feel much better today and hoping people don't think Craig's done it to me!!
Pam xx

mountainear said...

Oooow! Poor you. I've had a similar wound inflicted by a boy's head.

Must add that a bull terrier running full tilt at one's shins should be avoided too.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Hi Pam - hope it's healing now. Beautiful photos of your boys - Danny looks as though he's doing well! A x