Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Look What's Coming!

Blizzard conditions in the Midwest have caused a state of emergency to be issued for Oklahoma. And it's on it's way HERE, to Ohio. I just captured this picture off the weather channel and they are forecasting 5-11 inches of snow in the next 24 hours.

Why am I concerned you may ask? What aren't I donning my fluffy slippers and hoping for a day off work to take Jack sledding?

Well, because I'm having a baby tomorrow and am kind of relying on the fact that we (me, Craig, doctor) can actually get to the hospital.

I think the word for these occasions might be "arghhhhh!"

6 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

We're just on the top end of that storm as it enters Ohio, so we're only supposed to get 3-5 inches. Lucky us. Maybe you should go camp out at the hospital tonight. You know you won't be sleeping anyway. ;) Best of luck tomorrow. I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful new boy!

mountainear said...

Don't know if the phrase 'if wet in Village Hall' means anything to you? (Anybody that's tried to organise an event in the UK will probably know what I mean.) Camping out at the hospital may well be much the same thing.

I'll be thinking of you. Hope all goes well - best wishes.

Elaine B said...

I had my baby 3 weeks ago - and dreaded this very thing happening too. In the end I opted for a home birth so the midwives would travel to me - and it went perfectly - baby Lucy was born in a few hours with snow on the ground outside! The only US citizen in this house :)

Clippy Mat said...

Good Luck, and God Bless.
waiting to hear the good news.
and maybe even a picture?
:-)

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

GOod luck Pam - can't wait to hear from you again. A x

Pam said...

Thanks everyone! It's 5.55am (been up since 2am) and weather is terrible but the hospital is still open, so fingers crossed.
More to come folks....
Take care XXX
Ps: Elaine - nice to meet you! Are you an Expat in the USA?