Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Letter "H"

Clippy Mat gave me a fun task. Here's the guidelines:

1. Write about ten things you love that begin with a given letter
2. Post the list on your blog.
3. When people comment on your list, you assign them a new letter, and the game continues.
As she said, fun right? And it saves you the bother of thinking of something to blog about for one day.

Here's my list of 10 things I love beginning with the letter "H"

My darling Husband of 13 years, Craig. He'll be a trooper this week, like he is all the time. I admire single mums and women who choose to live alone but it's fabulous to have someone to change furnace filters, kill big spiders and tinker with the cars.

Hillary
Clinton. I am excited about Obama but I'm sleeping a bit easier knowing she's behind the scenes.

The name Harry was on the short list for our new baby. It's Craig's dad, my uncle, my step-sister's son, and the lad that's 3rd in line to the British throne (okay, not a good example)

Being blonde, I like that I have never been Hairy. However, as I'm getting older I realise that hair pops up in unlikely places in unlikely colours and comical shapes. I have one little intruder that pops up on my chin periodically, prompting my husband to nickname me "the bearded lady"

Hawthorn hedges remind me of my childhood - the smell that the blossom brought each year, the bird's nests within and the big hairy caterpillars that dropped from the branches and squiggled their way across the garden.

There's no place like Home and I've always been a homebody. I am guilty of hiding behind curtains when people call round and not answering the phone as much as I should.

Horticulture keeps me sane and is the one true thing I love about the coming of spring. Each winter I am fidgety with impatience to get outside and get my hands dirty

Hedgehogs. Why aren't they in America? And why aren't there raccoons in England? Seems to me we should make things more interesting and do an exchange of varmints

Haworth & Holmfirth - two beautiful Yorkshire villages I miss and would readily retire to if I ever win the lottery.

Happy people. I shirk from the rude, moody and hypochondriac folks among the human race. In life you sometimes meet people that say "I call a spade a spade" - I think that's just an excuse for being an arse. Please lie to me if it means being kind :-)

6 comments:

Swearing Mother said...

Hi Pam, was so impressed that you even found time to visit my blog, especially when I myself have been so, so lazy. Think maybe I've hibernated since Christmas, or perhaps it's taken me this long to get over it.

Either way, lovely to read you and hope all goes well. Have just read your back posts - sounds like you are having real fun!

mountainear said...

'H' is a really good letter - I like your choices and the way 'H' looks too (Kind of substantial and practical like a little set of shelves. Perhaps.)

I've got a Harry - our youngest son and still my babe.

Does commenting mean I get allocated a letter? If so choose me a nice one!

Pam said...

Hello SW! Ohhh, I did miss you there for a while as I'm sure a lot of bloggers did. Hopefully you are back with a vengeance! If you want to play, I'll assign you the letter "T"

Hello there Mountainear: Harry's such a great name - good choice! I think a nice letter would be "K" and it calls for imagination - something you have!

Clippy Mat said...

well done Pam. I liked it a 'helluva lot.'
and i learned a few more things about you.
i agree on the 'spade a spade' people. just an excuse for them to be rude and ram their opinions down your throat.
:-)

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Hi Pam - it is a fun post - I liked your choices for 'H', especially the references to 'British' things. Agree with you too about the non-Happy people. Never any need for rudeness.

I wanted to comment but I have already been assigned the letter 'B' by Gill - That British Woman and will be dealing with that any day now. A x

Elaine B said...

my eldest is called jack and my second is called harry - coincidence!