Friday, January 23, 2009

Headless Chicken

My doctor called this morning and asked if we could change the c-section day. My initial reaction was "noooo!" thinking she meant to make me wait longer, but she actually brought it forward a couple of days. So, yikes. He'll be here two days earlier than I thought. He's coming. Soon. *Gulp*.

I have so much to do at work that it's actually better this way as it forces me to say "you know what? I can't possibly get it all done, so f*** it!".

My boss has been great. He came to my office tonight at 6pm and ordered me home. My mum ordered me home and told me not to run around like a headless chicken this weekend. Friends have emailed and offered help and support with Jack. Makes me realise just how lucky I am to be surrounded by these people even if I don't have family support like I would if I lived in England.

I still have a few must-do's though:
Make the music cd
Pack a coming-home outfit for him
Gather toiletries, pyjamas, camera charger and big knickers
Make Jack feel loved as usual. My heart aches with love for him. He won't be left out will he? He'll understand that we love him just as much?

As you can see by this blog, my head is in bits.

9 comments:

Clippy Mat said...

okay. sit down and take a big breath and then just do one thing at a time and before you know it, list completed. don't forget the 'big knickers' tho' LOL
ahh little Jack, he will adjust and he will know that he's loved just as much. how could he not? with such a good mother.
relax, it'll be okay.
p.s. what's your due date.
:-)

Clippy Mat said...

p.s.
Pam: email me with your address and you can have my copy of Parky. we discussed this somewhere else but can't remember if it was my comment section or yours and i can't find it now. and i would love a copy of that cd. but i'm sure you won't have time for sending that for a while yet.
clippymat@gmail.com
:-)

Pam said...

Hi Clippy,
I am now sat down. My DH took care of things, bought me some nice smellies from the supermarket, ran me a bath and spoiled me!
Jack's in bed and I know he'll be okay. I'm just a worry monger.
I just emailed you my address. Thanks for Parky! I will certainly be sending you the music cd and maybe a good book.
Take care
Pam xx

Expat mum said...

There is no downside to having a sibling, but it's really hard at first. My eldest basically wailed for the first three months, but she was much better when she wasn't around me. (She still wails a lot and she's almost 16 so it was obviously in her DNA.)
Don't forget comfy trousers if you're having a c-section. The maternity trousers might be too big, but anything else is going to kill that scar area.
I am wincing just thinking about it.

MikeH said...

Pardon me for commenting; after all, I had the 'easy' end of the C-section my wife had. I just stood there and watched (fascinating, in case you wondered). I hope all goes well.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

ooh - I'm so excited for you Pam. Keep calm though - deep breaths. Jack will be fine - he will love his new brother and want to help you too. Finally, listen to your mum! A x

mountainear said...

Yes, one thing at a time. Take it easy and enjoy these few days. I'm sure Jack will be fine - your love for him won't be diminished by the arrival of his brother.

Take care of yourself. x

Pam said...

Hi Expat: Comfy pants - check! Last time I tried to be a diva. This time I'll look like the queen mum.

Mike: Thanks for the good wishes. My DH has the terrible task of keeping my mind off things while they do their stuff behind the green curtain!

Hi Anne: I wish my mum was here but you understand how this is - being away from one another we have to talk a lot on the phone. Take care XXX

Hello Mountainear: I'm going to try and relax but I'm an Aries and have always been a tad manic. My DH calls me a bloody nuisance. I'm going to try though, I really am :-)

Stinking Billy said...

Pam, no shirking-off for a whole day just to have a baby, do you hear? I demand to see a post a day from you. x