Saturday, January 10, 2009

Death O'Clock Ramblings

I've been awake since about 3am but didn't want to wake the house so have come down to the basement to do laundry and blog with a big cup of Rosie. As I'm sat here I'm clutching my left side as my doctor told me this week that Danny's foot is not lodged under my ribcage as I thought but my stomach has been squished up there into the size of a walnut. Hence, every time I eat anything I'm in pain. Nice. I've also been having mild contractions but am hoping the little rum'n stays put.

I found this picture this week. Look at the eye colour! Jack's are green (same as me), but Craig's are blue. I wonder what Danny's will be like? Maybe he'll have brown eyes and dark hair like his 3D picture suggests. Maybe he'll be ginger with hazel eyes, like the postman :-)

I've got two parties today. A 5th birthday, which means I've got some "Transformer" toys to wrap upstairs and I'm going to have to put on my best happy face when surrounded by scores of screaming toddlers, and my friend Gina is throwing a baby shower for me this afternoon. That might be a wash-out though, since we're expecting blizzards and ice and 3-5 inches of snow today. Not much else planned for my weekend except nesting.

Craig will be pottering around in the garage with his new boat. He got a great bargain on a canoe and trailer last night and is very excited about the whole thing. He promises me he won't be a smart arse and try to rock it while I'm in there (on the water of course, not in the garage). It looks sturdy enough I suppose. But still, the thought of tootling down a river in a bit of fiberglass that's longer than it is wide doesn't make me feel so much like Lady of the Lake as it does Frank Spencer. Talking of which, I just started to watch his clips on YouTube - so now I'm sat here clutching both sides, laughing! Enjoy this little clip:

3 comments:

mountainear said...

Enjoy your nesting while you can. Forget contraction - have you started cleaning cupboards and drawers yet?

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Hope you enjoy the parties Pam and the nesting. Surely means it's not long now!

Watched the clip - remember it from first time screened. Michael Crawford is brilliant.

A x

Pam said...

Hello Mountainear: Not cupboards and drawers yet - that's this weekend's treat!!
Hi Anne: Do you remember the car over the cliff/dog episode? I had to watch it twice I was laughing so much!