Danny is in the nursery right now - I waved the white flag about 4am this morning and the nurse took him, to give me a longer sleep than 2 hours. I felt so guilty but ohhhh, so in need of some sleep and I've been in quite a bit of pain too, seeing as I really over-did it yesterday (sorry mum, never could rest).
So what's planned for today?
- Well, I just took a shower and then blow-dried my c-section wound.
- My milk will probably come in today or tomorrow and I'm bottle feeding, so all instructions tell me to avoid touching my chest area unless I want severely painful engorged boobs. Here's what I do to try and avoid it - no hot water from the shower, don't touch them. Probably not a good idea even to look at them. Wear a sports bra. If they still hurt, wrap them in cabbage leaves for 48 hours. Ahem, what? Cabbage leaves? Wonder why?
- Jack's back in child care so Craig will be coming to spend the day with me and Danny. Wonderful. Yesterday all the kids from child care made cards for us. I'm going to make them into a collage and take a picture later.
- More visitors hopefully. We had about 20 yesterday which was great and I feel so spoiled. I'll post visitor pictures later.
- Enjoy this time because when I go home it'll be bonkers and I'll certainly not be blogging or Facebooking for a while! Right now I'm living in a luxury private room with all my needs met. This whole experience will cost my insurance company about $16,000. What's even more amazing is that my portion of the whole cost will be a flat-fee of $350 because my health insurance is so good. Question - How on earth do people without health insurance have babies???
That's it for now. I'm going to toddle off and find a cup of tea*. For those of you that don't like too much graphic information, stop reading now ..
* I passed wind last night!!!!!! This means that after 2 days of beef broth and Jello I can now eat and drink like a normal person. Hurrah!