Tuesday, December 02, 2008

My Dog Barf Story

The night that I blogged about being exhausted, my dog Cody woke me up at 2.30am barfing on the cream rug in the living room. Without my contact lenses in I couldn't really see what I was doing but it looked a bit orange and there were some objects in there I couldn't place. Anyway, I did my best to clean it up, once again mumbling obscenities about my animals, then trundled off to bed.

Two hours later he did the same thing, only this time on the bedroom floor. Craig threw the poor thing out in the garden to nibble on frosty grass and then wiped it up. Not very well I might add as I stuck my big toe in some on the way back from the bathroom and was thankful this time I didn't have my contacts in or might have started barfing myself.

It wasn't until the following day that I worked out what caused all this. There were two big clues: (1) the sick was bright orange (2) the sick contained very small oval stickers.

When I told Craig that Cody had been eating clementines, he said "how on earth has Cody been getting them from the fruit bowl?" Bless my husband's heart - he has a never-ending belief that our two year old is as innocent as the day is long. I, on the other hand, know full well that the little bugger has been feeding our dog whole oranges and that our dog is daft enough to keep eating them.

2 comments:

dad&sheila said...

Poor Cody, hope he's ok now. Jack must have thought he was helping with Codys 5 a day!!
Please give our love to Craig for his birthday. The prezzy is on the way.sorry its late I got the dates mixed.Love you allSheila

Pam said...

Hiya dad & Sheila, welcome to blogging! Does this mean you'll start your own? I hope so.
Cody is well now but Jack and I both have a cold. Thanks for sending Craig's prezzie - I'll let you know when it gets here. XXXX