Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I'm Fit to Burst

The pregnancy honeymoon period is OVER folks and I'm on the homestretch. Today, in no particular order, I would like to spend a few minutes having a good old-fashioned moan about the following:

I have only 1 pair of pants left that fit me
I'm leaking
My hair is lank
I have cankles
His foot is lodged under my left rib
When I brush my teeth my gums bleed
I wee every 15 minutes
I'm getting 3 hours sleep a night, so the bags under my eyes and tired face make me look like a blood-hound
My boobs are like bowling balls, only not as light & soft
I cannot cut my toe nails or pumice my feet so I feel like a yeti
I have started to waddle
My belly is so big and stretched so taught that it hurts
I have constant heartburn
Strangers are touching my belly/making comments/blatantly staring at my monstrous bulk
I'm getting a bit scared because I have forgotten everything from last time

So that's my world. How's your day been?

7 comments:

Emily said...

Ugh - hang in there, Pam! The only upside of being so miserable is that you are willing to go through ANYTHING to get that kid out, right? Otherwise we'd be too scared to ever actually have the baby. But oh, I feel for ya. It's rough.

Kelsey said...

How close are you? Hang in there - it will be worth it. :-)

Mimi said...

You can do it, Pam--like you have a choice. Seriously, in a couple of months, you won't remember this part either. Praying for you, Linda

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Poor you - I can remember what it was like - not long to go now though. Hope you all had a lovely time at Christmas Pam and I'd like to wish you all a Very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.

Haven't been looking in much lately but will be trying to catch up over the weekend.

Take care.

A x

Stinking Billy said...

pam, it's all coming back to me and, while you obviously won't agree with this, I must tell you that you will never be lovelier - until your next pregnancy, that is. But, dear girl, you have only one left rib?

Pam said...

Emily: Thanks mate. As I'm sat here looking at my swollen ankles it makes me feel better to have friends that have gone through it with me
Kelsey: 4 weeks & counting!
Mimi: I keep telling myself the same thing but ohhh, it will be so nice to be able to bend down again!
Anne: Hello my friend. Happy New Year!
Billy: This is it - two boys is enough to keep me busy in life!

Clippy Mat said...

Oh this brings back memories. I do NOT envy you.
At the end you just feel like hell don't you and just wish it was all over with. I guess you don't have very long to go.
;-))