Thursday, December 11, 2008

Getting Big, Really Big ...

When I looked in the mirror this morning I actually thought "okay, not too huge yet" and happily trotted off to work, safe in the knowledge that while I looked pregnant I didn't actually look like I'd swallowed a cow quite yet:

But tonight when Craig took this picture I can see that front views are horribly deceiving because I do indeed look like I've swallowed a cow. A whole herd in fact:

When I look at this I understand why I struggled for 5 minutes this morning to put my socks on, making noises like this "ugh, argh, get on yer bugger".

That's the bitch about being pregnant in winter - I have to wear socks. It's not a big price to pay though when I think that my last pregnancy in the summer meant I had to shave my legs a lot and my ankles swelled up so much Craig called me Shrek.

6 comments:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

That did make me laugh Pam - but actually you look fabulous.

A x

Strawberry Jam Anne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pam said...

HI ANNE, Thanks for the kind words. I feel like I'm glowing but also like I'm carrying two pillows up my jumper.

Expat mum said...

Well you DO have a baby in there. We'd be worried if we couldn't see it. I laughed at the memory of trying to get socks on. My first was born in February, and I worked (corporate) till a few weeks before the due date - which meant wearing tights!!!! I remember having to stick my leg out sideways and then having the Ball & Chain help with the other leg. So ungainly.

Pam said...

Hello Expat: The picture of you struggling with tights made me laugh. I can't imagine how uncomfy that must have been. Tonight I went to watch my son swimming and wore a wooly jumper, which coupled with the humidity made me feel like rolling around on the icy car park to get cool!

Jen said...

Pam, You look great! Having had babies in Nov., Aug., and Feb., I agree that having a baby in winter is best...you don't have to shave your legs until "the big day", and you can wear big sweaters to hide the "after baby" weight. How much longer do you have?