Friday, November 14, 2008

Pudsy is "THE ONE"

It's Children in Need night tonight in England. It's been going since 1927 and the aim is to raise money for kids charities. Since the 50's they've been having this one night on telly where they have music and all kinds of entertainment by British movie & pop stars. People ring into the "telethon" and pledge money. Last year alone they raised over $70 million. I suppose "American Idol Gives back" would be a good USA comparison.

The reason I'm blogging about this is that Jack's grandma and grandad from England sent him a little Pudsy last week. Pudsy is the Children in Need Mascot. I have often wished that Jack had an affinity for a blanket or teddy bear but he never has. We gave him Craig's teddy bear that he had as a baby, lovingly kept by Craig's mum so it obviously has huge sentimental value - he throws it under his bed. I try to make him bond with the monkey I bought him the day I found out I was having a boy - he chucks it on the floor. He never cared for a dummy/pacifier. Never sucked his thumb, never wants a "blankey". I was beginning to think he wasn't going to get fixed onto anything like that. Until Pudsy. Pudsy has to go with him to school, in the car, and to bed. I snook into Jack's bedroom earlier this week and took pudsy off him to put on a shelf. As soon as I left the room he wailed "I want Pudsyyyyy".

I wonder if it's because Pudsy has a bandage around his head? Jack looks at him with genuine concern and says to me "he has a sore eye!" and then he hugs him. It's great to see him like that because I hear a lot from school about how thoughtful he is to other kids but it's nice to see it first hand.

Who knows how a toddler's mind works though. Next week I might be blogging to say that I found Pudsy down the toilet with his head cut off.

1 comment:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

It's funny isn't it, their likes and dislikes. Glad he likes Pudsy though. My 4 year old grand-daughter has only ever taken to a small pink rabbit who goes everywhere with her. She has lots of dolls but they don't get a look-in.

I'll keep a look-out for next week's blog!!

A x