Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Like a Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof I'm so excited. For the last 12 months I've been wrapped up in this election. That's 12 months of discussing policies with friends & colleagues, watching debates, keeping up with the radio & TV and newspapers. It also included an Obama rally this summer and I'm so glad now that I took the time to go and see him.

Without sounding too warm & fuzzy, it definitely seems like there's excitement in the air today, like we're on the verge of something new and the rest of the world will hopefully fall in love with America all over again.

Tonight, Craig and I will be sat cuddled up on the sofa, watching the results come in. I might even drink a small glass of champers. Let me re-phrase that as I don't want to jinx anything. I HOPE I'll be drinking a small glass of champers.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm trying to find lots of things to do from the couch tonight so that I won't miss the coverage (stuffing treat bags for Jacob's b-day party, homeschool lesson plans, folding laundry, etc). Unfortunately, my hubby works nights, so I won't have anyone to cuddle with...except for Paige, our dog!

Expat mum said...

For some reason, despite having donated rather large amounts to the cause, I didn't get tickets to go downtown and join in the rally. (Sniff) But I am going round the corner to drink champers and stay up late (hopefully.)

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Hi Pam - have just been watching your new President making a speech. Well done America - we should all now be filled with hope.

A x