Sunday, November 23, 2008

Jack's First Haircut

We finally bit the bullet and got Jack a haircut today. His hair had evolved from cute, to messy, to downright ferrel.
We took him to a kid's place (thanks for the coupon Emily) to avoid the possibility of utter meltdown. It was fab - he got to sit in an aeroplane and watch Curious George DVDs and he was dead quiet - shocked almost. He wouldn't make eye contact with anyone, not even me, and he looked like a trapped rat the whole time. When she got the electric clippers out his eyes filled with tears but he didn't cry. She was really good with him ..

Look how messy that noggin is! I can't believe I've let him walk around like that for the last few weeks. People must have been whispering.

What a handsome young man! The lady gave him a lolly and he cheekily asked for a balloon as well. You've got to hand it to the lad - he knows how to get what he wants from the ladies.

Did I get upset? A bit I must admit. At the beginning she looked at me and said "ready mom?" and I got a lump in my throat but didn't cry. I did however collect several blonde curls as they tumbled off his head. She asked me if I wanted a bag for them. I told her I already had one ready in my back pocket and Craig looked at me and said "you brought a bag?" Before I could stick up for myself, the lady looked at him and said "of course she brought a bag, she's his mom!"

4 comments:

Jen said...

What a cutie! Good for you for remembering to save some of his curls. I forgot to with Ellie and had to snag some from her 2nd haircut instead. She'll never know, right?!

Emily said...

Glad it worked out - that place is great, huh? He looks like a gentleman!

mountainear said...

He does look very handsome with his new haircut.

When baby Danny comes he will look sooooo grown-up.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

He looks so gorgeous with his new haircut but it is quite a milestone isn't it. Well done both of you.

A x