Friday, November 21, 2008

A Face to Make you Feel Guilty

He's a good boy; faithful, loving, good natured, barks when someone comes to the door, keeps me warm on the bed in winter and is always ready to give me kisses. He doesn't ask for much in return - a chance to run and chase squirrels, three walks a day, and maybe some peanut butter in his kong.  
Before Jack was born I didn't think that it was possible to love anything or anybody as much as I loved Cody. Now his name is "Cody move!"  and I swear at him sometimes.  
This picture I took today on our winter walk captures his good nature perfectly and makes me feel unbelievably guilty for not giving him as much attention as I should.   Okay, I'm off to crawl under the kitchen table right now, retrieve his kong and find the peanut butter ...

2 comments:

Jen said...

It's funny how much you can love your dog before kids and then how much you ignore them when the baby arrives. Our dog, Paige is super sweet and is awesome with the kids, but she definitely doesn't get the attention she deserves.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

That's life though isn't it. How ver much we love our pets they have to take a back seat when the babies arrive.

Your lovely little dog will have a ball with your children Pam.

A x