Sunday, November 16, 2008

6 Things About Poo

I got tagged today by Strawberry Jam Anne to post 6 interesting things about me on this blog, so here goes:

1. During my teenage years, I worked as a Saturday girl at a beetroot packing factory. My uniform consisted of pink overalls, hat, and wellies. I can still remember the overpowering smell of vinegar and to this day I cannot eat a beetroot.

2. My older sister and I have called each other "Poo" as a nickname since we were kids and even now we never use each others real name. 

3. I do not have an engagement ring and my wedding band is plain silver and cost $10. 

4. I have done 50 skydives, 8 bungee jumps and been aerobatic flying but now I'm too scared to do any of those things.

5. I'm terrified of deep water, even though I can swim.

6. To get through college, I worked as a barmaid at several pubs. Owning/managing a pub would have been my second choice career.

According to the rules, I now tag 6 people to do this on their blog.  I totally understand if the following people don't want to do it, and in no particular order, I'm tagging:  Emily, Rachel, Mommy Daisy, Oma, Jen, and ExpatMum

6 comments:

Expat mum said...

Ooh, I did this recently so would not want to bore the pants off my readers again!!! Very impressed with your sky-diving. Beetroot is one of my fave foods, but since I worked in a bread factory and now can't stand the smell of baking bread, I understand your revulsion.

Mimi said...

Why am I not surprised that you have sky dived and bungee jumped? My palms sweat just to think about doing something like that. "Living life to the fullest" must have different meanings for different people.

We, too, are a family of nicknames--names that we can't even remember why/how they started. I'll let Jen share hers if she likes. How different we are and yet how the same. It has been great to know you though your blog.

P.S. Thank you for your birthday wishes--I now have my Golden Buckeye Card--bring on the discounts!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Hi Pam - good that you took part. It's all a bit of fun. How funny that you and your sister have kept your pet name for each other - what does your little boy think of that. And how come you were brave enough to sky-dive and bungee jump, shudder, and yet you don't like deep water.

A x

Oma Froehle said...

Wow! This is a cool tag, and I can't wait to do it.

I personally like the trivia about your wedding ring the best. I will put something in mine about this as well . . . .

Good luck with the driving. You should see them over here on the hills around the 'Burgh.

Pam said...

EM: I totally understand about not wanting to repeat a post. Isn't it funny how we old Brits all worked in factories ..
Mimi: Maybe Jen will share someday :-)
Anne: Jack doesn't know about the "poo" nickname yet but Craig calls me it sometimes so I'm sure he'll pick it up. It's funny about the water terror - I have no idea where it's come from.

Pam said...

Oma: Looking forward to reading yours - I'm intrigued!!