Thursday, September 04, 2008

A Mothers Love

I'm not going to see my child for a little while and it breaks my heart. For weeks now I've dreamt of death and heartache and unimaginable horrible things, leading up to the moment when I said goodbye to him this morning.
I feel sick, I have a dull pain in my breast and a lump in my throat that won't need any encouragement at all to develop into full blown crying.
As much as I love and adore my husband and my parents and my friends, I've never felt like this about being away from someone before. A mothers love can be both magical and unbelievably painful can't it.

5 comments:

Emily said...

:( So sorry! So sad! I totally understand why you are having such a hard time, not to mention pregnancy hormones on top of it all. Hang in there, you'll be back home before you know it! We'll miss you...

Jen said...

Your heartache compounded with pregnancy hormones makes for a bad combination. Just think of the smiles and hugs you'll receive when you get home! =)

Oma Froehle said...

Be strong! Jack will survive, and so will you. But I personally believe that post-partum depression is a recurring condition that happens for your whole life from the time you find out you are pregnant. Loving the babes is built into our genes. The more they love us back, the more wonderful it hurts. :-)

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Poor you - it is hard being away from them when they are so young but agree with Jen - think of the reunion - anticipating it might help to ease the heartache.

A x

mountainear said...

Have a good self-indulgent howl and look forward to huge hugs when you see him again. You're his mother for heaven's sake - there is no greater or more deserved love. Mine are all big boys now but I only have to think of the miles between us for a tear to trickle down my cheek. It doesn't get easier.

Sorry, that's no comfort...