Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sick as a Dog

I was horribly sick yesterday. Not sure what caused it - tummy bug or something I had eaten, but it was just awful. I spent from 7am till 6pm in bed. I could have slept right through and not got up at all until this morning but my guilt got the better of me and I thought I should at least get up and show my husband and child that I still had some gumption.

There were several low points between 7am and 6pm, most notably it was about noon when I was lying on the bathroom floor with my forehead on the cold tile, praying I didn't pass out because I had locked the bathroom door and Craig wouldn't have been able to help me. Other low times included sitting on the loo and being sick in the bathroom bin at the same time, wishing the world to end. And I felt so awful and guilt ridden lying in bed listening to Craig running around like a maniac looking after the animals and Jack. I wished I could get up and help with lunch or nap-time or walking the dog but there was no way I could get out of bed. Craig was a trooper and didn't complain. At one point I know I called for him at least three times to ask for water and I thought he might come in and ask me if I wanted a bell attaching to my finger.

So anyway, I got up at 6pm, ate a little mushroom soup, drank some Robinson's barley water (lovingly bought by Craig that afternoon) and went back to bed at 9pm. Today I feel tip-top and neither Craig nor Jack seem to have got it, so that's a relief. I hope the baby didn't feel any of it?

1 comment:

Mommy Daisy said...

Oh no, I hope that you're feeling better by now.