Monday, July 07, 2008

The Missing

A few months ago the TV remote went missing. At the time I had my suspicions that a certain little boy that lives here had squirreled it away somewhere. We have searched everywhere with no luck.

Last week I noticed that my new lovely Birkenstock sandals were quite singular in nature. In other words, one is missing. Maybe having met the same doomed fate as the remote.

I'm used to odd socks and missing puzzle pieces. I'm not surpised when I find blocks in the washing machine and water cups under the sofa, grapes in my knicker drawer and coins in his pockets.

But not knowing where the remote and my sandal is is driving me nuts.

I could try and ask him but that would be as fruitless as asking my dog why he eats cat poo.

One day in the distant future, when we're retired and loading up the RV to go cross-country touring with our 3 cats, I'll find them stuffed in a sleeping bag and I'll smile.

2 comments:

Owain Croes said...

Why do dogs eat cat poo? I've often wondered.

Pam said...

Owain Croes:
Probably for the same reason my cat continues to eat daffodils even though he's violently sick every single time immediately after. Animal stupidity?