Monday, May 12, 2008

Mooching in Charity Shops

One of my Mothers Day treats yesterday was to go out on my own for an hour to shop, without an impatient husband and a screaming toddler in tow. I went to our local charity shop, which I love. I could spend several days in there, just picking through and people-watching.

This place isn't like your local small Oxfam shop - it's the size of a small aircraft carrier and all the clothes are sorted into sizes on racks. They even have sections for good stuff, like Gap & Banana Republic.

Alas, my hour went by too soon and Craig rang me, telling me lunch was ready. I gazed longingly at the racks as I checked out, wishing for just another hour to mooch around a bit more. I got several things for me & Jack for a grand total of $14.78.

I'd rather shop there than anywhere else in the world. I love my charity shop like most women love Dolce & Gabanna - maybe I'm a closet redneck?

No comments: