Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bon Voyage Old Friends

Char & Jan are our close friends here. We've known them for oh, eight years I think. My beffudledness on the actual time we met them is due to the fact that when we get together we party.
Jan came over tonight and of course she's leaving soon for California so we had a few drinkies.

I'm going to miss these two tremendously. There are not too many friends in our life here that connect like we do - we're all liberal, open minded, love people, love to party, love to read and travel and garden and spend time with friends.

Every time we visit each others house we walk the garden and talk about plants, making suggestions or asking advice or praising each others green thumbs. We have the same political views and we wept together in 2000 and 2004.
On September 11th, 2001 we were together - we watched Air Force 1 fly over Columbus on it's criss-cross course of the country in the name of President safety. We sat that night (and many others therefafter) and cried watching the aftermath of the terrrorist attack.
They got married recently (been together 22 years this August). They just bought a house in CA. They are selling their house here. Jan's gone through the most horrendous of family tragedies this last 10 months. Too much to say and too much for me to post as I'd feel like I was overstepping a boundary.

Tomorrow, Jan goes to CA to close on their new house. Char finds out if she passed the CA Bar exam on the same day. They are in negotiations on their house here in Ohio right now. So much to do!

I understand what they're going through as we did it 9 years ago. And I wish them luck, but God I'll miss them. I mean really, how often do you come across friends that exactley FIT?

Lastly - one plus is that Jan said we can use their lake cabin on weekends. I am excited but also aware that it feeds the fire that Craig has to buy a boat. There'll be no stopping him now.

No comments: