Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Snow Showers & Baby Showers

We had 5 inches of snow today. I think more's forecast over the next two days and it's bitterly cold. Still, the little fella now gets home and stands by the back door and says over and over and over "outsi" "outsi" "outsi" until we all bundle up and go out. Tonight I was so cold my eyes hurt but no amount of "come on Jack walk faster mummys got frostbite" seemed to do the trick. Here's a few pictures from our jolly jaunt..




All bundled up like Ralphie's brother. Poor lad couldn't bend his legs.

I went to Emily's baby shower on Saturday. It's great to have a bunch of baby-crazy ladies sat together & see each others presents being opened. We all gasped "ahhhhhhhhh" at the tiny baby clothes and genuinely loved being in the moment. I'm so excited for them and nervous for them too - going from 1 to 2 is something we talk about but fear!
While I was at the shower, Craig got to spend a couple of hours with Jack. I called him after the shower and asked what he'd been up to. He'd spent the entire time shopping for a new fly-fishing rod and bait. When I have 3 spare hours I think about laundry and housework and getting as much done as possible. Craig thinks about fishing and cars and boats. Guess who the fun parent will be?

No comments: