Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Dancing in Snow Shoes

I worked from home today and kept Jack with me. A weather forecast of snow, ice, rain, snow and ice again is not my idea of driving fun. Scares me to death actually. Tomorrow looks equally bad but I'll make that call in the morning. Luckily, I have a lot of web work I need to get done - so I can be just as productive here, as long as I keep the little fella entertained.


This time last year we had snow too - it was funny looking at the blog pictures of Jack and seeing just how much he's changed.


I took this picture today, as Jack was playing peek-a-boo through his legs. He spent most of the afternoon wearing my shoes, even dancing in them, which is more than I can actually do.

He loves our shoes but refuses to wear his own, especially in the car. Within minutes of leaving the house, his shoes and socks are off and flung with gusto, to be retrieved when we reach our destination. It can be quite annoying because he does it all the time, but it's not a battle that I'm going to take on because I can't win. There's no way I can stop him from doing it and drive at the same time, unless I zip-tie his hands together (joking).

1 comment:

Emily said...

Jack has grown so much -doesn't that seem like ages ago? I'm longing for spring, too, I'm so tired of this weather and all the bundling that is required. And Katy takes her shoes off in the car as well, and it is so frustrating. The gross thing is that she takes a show off and then plays with it and sometimes puts it in her mouth - and like you said - there's nothing I can do to stop her!