Thursday, February 07, 2008

Broken Biscuits

I just got back from watching "27 Dresses" at the movies. Gina made me go in retribution for her coming to watch Kite Runner with me last week (as she quite rightly pointed out - that film had subtitles). I wouldn't consider myself a "chick-flick" kind of person but I have to hold my hand up and say I loved the film tonight. It was a film that makes you feel all gooey about love. If we're taking turns I guess I get to choose next. Mmmm, have to think about that one.

Weight Watchers is going great. Got "weighed in" today which makes me feel even more like a heifer. I have learnt something this week though. It doesn't matter that you can drink beer on the program. Counting them in your daily points doesn't make the slightest minute bit of difference. The bottom line is this - if you drink any beer at all you will look like a tub of lard. Period. Now I'm sure there are people out there that will tell you that beer is okay. Those people probably weight 80 pounds wet-through. If you are trying to lose weight, beer is the enemy.

This puts me in a predicament. I am not about to recycle, work on debt, diet AND abscond from beer. I mean, what's left? Coffee and hot showers for heavens sake? This is a conundrum I'll have to discuss in great detail with Craig so we can come up with a cunning plan.


This week's been wet & miserable for us but Jack's had fun. He's done his very first puddle-jumping this week! Check out his new wellies...




Another "new" for Jack this week has been to take his black crayon and draw all over the kitchen walls. Not just a few squiggles but an area 4-5 ft wide. Craig was cooking at the time and didn't see him (?) I was walking Cody. Trying to explain the ramifications of black crayon on walls to a 19 month old was pretty futile but I think he got the gist of the conversation.

Lastly, I loved the post by Swearing Mother today. I've been thinking about my 6 words and will post them this weekend. It requires a lot of thought.

No comments: