Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Uppy-Downy Week

UP: We're trying to teach Jack words, numbers, animals etc. but he's too busy destroying the house. This morning I went into his bedroom and said my usual "good morning" and he said "good morning" back.

DOWN: My resolution to live a healthier life would be so much easier if wine was an illegal substance.

UP: My other resolution, to recycle, is going marvelously! Instead of humping a huge trash can to the sidewalk each week, I only 1/4 fill it. And I've started to recycle at work. My only sin? Diapers/nappies. Please don't leave a comment about it as I know it's bad and I hate doing it but there's no way I'm dealing with soiled cloth nappies. I'm just not.

DOWN: Footprints in the snow today from the parking lot near our house, across our plants, into our garden and to our AC unit that sits between 2 windows. Were they "casing the joint" to see if they could stand on the AC unit and get through a window? Were they seeing if the AC was worth stealing for scrap? Was it some electric guy checking out the meter?

UP: Craig got home from the supermarket tonight & said "I've bought lamb and a bottle of Chianti Classico because I know it's your favourite dinner".

DOWN: I've been traveling too much this past week. I love my job but hate being away from Craig & Jack and it gets worse as Jack's interacting with me more. As much as I love it when he gets excited when I get home, I love it more spending time with him and I miss them both madly. I could never be a travelling salesman or astronaut!

UP: Laurinaitis, Robiski, & Jenkins are staying another year! Laurinaitus would have got picked up by the NFL and been a millionaire by the autumn, but bless him, he's staying with us to try and get it done. I love my Buckeyes.

DOWN: The weather sucks. On Monday we'll have a low temp of 6 F (- 14 C)

UP: E-mails and phone calls from family and friends, no one is sick, everyone's okay. Life is good.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Ewww...weird about the footprints. Creepy. We need to see you guys soon, it sounds like Jack is growing so fast!

The Little Medic said...

After reading this post i'm dying for some lamb, with or whitout chianti