Saturday, January 12, 2008

Two Poems Worth Sharing

When I was in England my friend Sue had a framed picture in her kitchen of her son's handprints, with the following verse. I've typed it out ready to get Jack's handprints then I can do the same:



There used to be so many of my fingerprints to see
On furniture & walls & things from sticky, grubby me


But if you stop & think awhile you’ll see I’m growing fast
Those little handprints will disappear; you can’t bring back what’s passed


So here’s a small reminder to keep, not throw away
Of tiny hands and how they looked, to make you smile each day

-------------------------------------------

I also just read a lovely poem tonight on Mousie's blog that makes you stop and wonder if you are leading a good life. Makes you want to strive to be a better person.

No comments: