Monday, January 28, 2008

The Magic of Letters

Here's the newest picture of my great-nephew, AJ. I got it with a lovely letter from my niece Gemma this week.

She said she'll be on the Internet soon so I'm sure lots more pictures will follow. It's so nice to get real letters in the mail though. When I lift up the mailbox lid and see a personal letter in there I get a little warm glow about me. I know we're all busy and it takes time to write and mail a letter but they're so much nicer than an e-mail. I keep most of them too, especially the ones mailed to Jack.

When I was younger, my mum would force me to sit and write "thank you" notes to aunties and uncles. I even used to get stationary packs for Christmas and birthdays, so I had no excuse not to write them. At the time I thought it was a chore but now I appreciate how much they meant to people. Of course Craig never writes to people - I even sometimes have to force him to sign a card. I hope Jack likes to write. If not, I'll have to sit him down and force him, like my mum did to me!

No comments: