Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

And so it is 2008, marking nine years we've lived in the States.

I'm thankful Christmas & New Years is over to be honest and I'm still struggling to shake this dark cloud over me but hoping work will help now the holidays are over. If I had to stay home much longer I'd get seriously sad and probably weigh 20 stone (280 lbs).

Last night we were supposed to go to a party at Eric & Dave's but our lad was ill with a temp of 101, coughs and terrible congestion. Once we got him to bed we watched "Superbad" which was funny and just the tonic I needed. McLovin was my favourite character and I loved his friendship with the cops. Anyhoo, today Jack seems much better but I've spent the last 24 hours wiping his nose every 10 minutes and the poor lad looks like Rudolph.


We did at least get to see Char & Jan this past weekend and spend our usual drinking & putting the world to rights evening with them. Char has now gone back to California so Jan is a little lost & sad. January is such a crap month I tell you!


Finally, I made 3 New Years resolutions and I've already started one of them:

1. Lose weight

2. Pay off (some) debt

3. Start recycling

Of course I started number 3 - the easiest!

Anyway, Happy New Year to everyone. I hope 2008 is a great year for us all.



1 comment:

Oma Froehle said...

Pam:

These are excellent resolutions! I've had all three of them for several years . . . and I'm now very good at recycling. :-)

Happy New Year!

Oma